Who What Watson Has Fleas How Embarrassing!






I'm a vet, yes, but I also live with cats, and my cats are subject to the same conditions as my patients. For example, in recent days, I have noticed an increase in hairball activity. Otherwise, they seem pretty normal, maybe a little more sleepy than before. But it was snowing, and maybe it was just the change of season that made them sleepy. And I'm a little sleepy.






But… increasing hairball activity is affected, because hairballs don't always exist. In fact, if your cat produces hairballs more than once a month, there's a good chance something is going on. This can indicate a significant increase due to time, nutritional problems, early changes in the kidneys or other organs or glandular s or even stress. 



This can mean increased wear due to internal or external infections, skin wounds or infections, increased body weight due to diabetes mellitus, hyperesthesia, stress or loneliness. old or tired, for example. Or it could indicate something wrong with your cat's intestinal motility due to inflammation for example. Sometimes, the extension of the hair increases following a period of discomfort and the cat has not allowed its coat to fall a little and once it has fully recovered, it begins to arrange it properly, causing the hair to be applied base. 



The number of hairs exceeds the number of the first. This can also happen after the cat is spayed or spayed. So I looked a little closer and gave them a quick physical exam. Louis, Merry and Watson use this, I push them and look at me as if they are fine and can manage without me. But, when I do this, I remember that I forgot the last flea treatment they care about, not just the hair. I found some dirt on one of my cats, 



Watson. So how can my indoor cat get fleas in November when there is snow on the ground? In fact, the fall months are the worst for fleas. The number increases during the long flea season and the chances of an indoor cat getting fleas during the season can be very high depending on many factors. It is likely that their fleas arrived before the snow started to fly. And then they began to reproduce as they do by laying eggs and hatching every 21 days.



Fleas are transmitted in many ways; on your trouser leg, on the back of a mouse looking for a winter home, and on your dog. So I check the dogs, Penny and Dan and Penny has a lot of fleas. I have never seen them crawl at all, I was actually surprised. Some dogs and cats don't get a flea or two, while others can go crazy from one very quickly, especially if they are allergic to fleas. And fleas choose, choose some people more than others, 



So some will have more fleas than others, but probably all of them will have at least a few. Even Louis has no signs of fleas and produces more hair than before. It's fixing itself well, I can't see any signs. The rule is to treat all animals in the family when you find fleas, otherwise, those who are not treated continue to save water for others in the house. 



You also have to remember that each female flea lays hundreds of bright white eggs that go out on our pets and our environment where they develop into larvae, then pupae, then fleas. a child looking for a cat or dog for their first food. Yes, I forgot to give them all their last flea shots, which was due two weeks ago, even though it was listed on my calendar. It happens sometimes. They have forgiven me but I am very sad.



So today all my cats and dogs will be treated for fleas. They will also need to be exterminated because fleas have the annoying little habit of harboring tapeworms (among other things, I worry about tapeworms and check them carefully for any signs of illness related to fever and anemia). 



Cats will also get a treat, their toniclax, which they love and this will help them get rid of extra hair. Fortunately, modern veterinary flea treatments and preventative measures are so safe and effective that I don't have to worry about infesting my home. I caught him in time. I don't have any serious illness. 



I don't bite, I don't see fleas even though I know they are there. I will vacuuming again in the next few weeks to pick up the eggs and larvae, but these especially sticky hunger resistant pupae will undoubtedly be in the mouth and jump up in one of my pets, then, they will die and it will be over.



I will never forget to give them their flea control products on time. One more dose next month, just to make sure I clean up the house and start again on the water.